Dec 8, 2014

First Apartment: Whu you Should or Shouldn't Move Out

Ok recently I've been in the process of getting my first apartment. So, I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the reasons I'm moving and what I feel are good and not so good reasons to move out (at this present time). NOTE: These are not rules just my personal experiences and logics.

Reasons to move out:


-Space:
As we get older we need our privacy and space. Sharing a room with your sibling just doesn't work anymore. Maybe one feels cramp and the room isn't barely big enough to move around or if your parents or mom is like mine, they use your room as secondary storage space. Also, inviting friends over maybe hard, because there isn't enough room to sit. All signs it maybe to time for a place of your own.

-School or Work Commute:
Though one might like living at home, the commute from home to work everyday may be too long or a hassle and costing money for more gas. Therefore considering moving closer (even if only 10 minutes) can help with this situation.

-Living As You Please:
Every heard the phrase from your parents"Since you live under my roof you, will live by my rules!" ? Which even though as their kids we don't like to hear it, it's totally true! People work hard to pay for and keep a place of their own (including your parents) the home a is a castle, a sanctuary away from the world. Therefore, people don't want everyone coming in to their home and doing whatever they want. Whoever gets their own place will probably feel same way too, whether they're talking to their own children or someone else they let stay with them. I know I will!

Reasons not to move out (Yet):


-Not Enough Money:
It's a good goal to have and work toward, but jumping out without a way to stand on your own 2 feet and keep a roof over your head, isn't smart. It leaves you struggling, living from paycheck to paycheck and if evicted stays on your rental history. As well as it could have you moving back in with your parents really soon. So to work toward that goal start saving so when you do move out you'll be able to be financially stable.

-Your Friends Said You Should:
Ah, yes our friends.......For SOME people their friends tend to play a huge role in the decision making process for many things. This isn't always a good thing, especially in this case. Friends don't know your income, home life circumstances and so on. Even if they plan on being your roommate they're not going to and probably can't afford to pay your share of the bills. So it's up to you to know when your ready not your friends.

- To Feel like an adult:
Many adults live at home and still live decently lives, whether they moved back in or never moved out in the first place. Living on your own doesn't validate one as an adult, your maturity level and how well you use the knowledge wisdom you gained over the years is what make you an adult.

Reasons why I want to move out

-Space:
I haven't had my own room in years, I slept on in the living room for a year and now I share a room in my parent home again with my sister who is expecting. Plus I don't even have a place to store most of my belonging any more.

-Living to way I want to:
I don't have much say because after it is my parents house, I really want to eventually get married and start my own family and I don't want to be cramming my kids and husband into my parents house.

-To Escape My Family:
I love my family, but sometimes I need a break from them and the chaos that follows.

-Peace and Quiet:
Because our home is a little small for us and the walls are paper thin, you can hear everything that goes one through the house even, with the neighbors and their noise upstairs.

With all this said moving out first time can be a fun and exciting experience if done right. And I hope that I can look back one day and reminisce about this experience.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog